Please read these Terms and Conditions (Terms) carefully before submitting an event (Event) to be a part of the Auckland Climate Festival platform and programme. By submitting an Event through the Websites, you (Event Host or Event Organiser or you) agree to be bound by these Terms.
Event Hosts are responsible for the creation, marketing, ticketing and production of their own events. Event Hosts are responsible for ensuring that all required health, safety and public liability insurance requirements at their events are met.
Code of Conduct
- Auckland Climate Festival is designed to support Tāmaki and its communities who care deeply about the environment and its relationship and connection to our wellbeing. Aucklanders are increasingly aware of the urgent need for climate action and a“ whole of society response”. Te Tāruke-ā-Tāwhiri: Auckland's Climate Plan is the document that begins to provide direction on how Tāmaki can respond.
- Auckland Climate Festival was created to bring these actors and organisations together to enhance collaboration and build climate action at an individual and societal level. Climate change is a systemic challenge requiring all sectors and disciplines to work more closely together to develop and scale-up innovative solutions at pace. We also acknowledge that a just transition to a net zero future must embrace diversity and difference.
- All event hosts, speakers, partners and volunteers at Auckland Climate Festival are expected to adhere the following code of conduct:
- Auckland Climate Festival is an initiative that welcomes all voices, but we do not encourage events that benefit from the sponsorship or direct financial support of businesses, organisations or groups that are antagonistic to the need for climate action and a net-zero future. We expect event organisers to embrace the rich vibrancy and diversity of Tāmaki and its communities, and ensure climate action brings people together, emphasising climate justice, humanity and a just transition.
- Auckland Climate Festival is collaborative and inclusive, ambitious, and solutions focused. We ask that all events consider how they embed mātauranga Māori and Te Ao Māori worldview, and raise up the voices and actions of youth.
- The Event Host grants to Six Generations Limited the right to use any details provided in the Event Registration Form including (but not limited to): the event name, branding, logo, and any other information provided by the Event Host to Six Generations Limited, to promote the Event, the Auckland Climate Festival and/or Six Generations.
- Listing fees must be paid in accordance with invoice payment terms. Events will only be published on the Websites once the Listing Fee has been paid. If the applicable Listing Fee is not paid, the event will not be published on the Websites until payment has been received by us in full.
CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
- As an Event host and part of the Auckland Climate Festival programme, you are required to abide by the following customer services policies;
- All Event changes will be made known to participants within a timely manner directly by the Event Host. The Event Host will inform email@example.com about any changes to the Event.
- All participant bookings are to be managed directly by the Event Host through their selected ticketing provider.
- If your Event sells out, please let us know directly through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Any data collected about your participants follow the Privacy Terms laid out below. If you require further use of the information, you are required to inform Event participants of the additional privacy details.
- Six Generations Limited cannot be held responsible for any Events that fail to meet our Customer Services guidelines.
- Any complaints or queries in regard to Events will be directed to Event Hosts.
CANCELLATION, TRANSFERS AND REFUND POLICY
- Should you wish to cancel your Event and transfer the Listing Fee to another event (which you are hosting), you may do so at no charge if the Event has not yet been published on the Auckland Climate Festival website. Transfers will need to be processed by the Six Generations Limited team (activated by emailing email@example.com) who reserve the right to decline a transfer if it does not meet these parameters.
- Should you cancel your event and not transfer the Listing Fee, no refun is payable, except where the event has not yet been listed on acf21.co.nz
- If you cancel or amend an Event which already has registrations against it, it is your responsibility to communicate the change to your participants. Six Generations Limited takes no responsibility for participants who are not notified of these changes.
- If a Force Majeure Event prevents the Organisers from holding the event on the scheduled date, the Organisers reserve the right to re-schedule the event to another date. In selecting the rescheduled date, the Organiser will select a date that suits as many stakeholders as possible.
- If COVID-19 prevents the Organisers from holding the event on the scheduled date, the Organisers reserve the right to re-schedule the event to another date. In selecting the rescheduled date, the Organiser will select a date that suits as many stakeholders as possible.
- Six Generations Limited is unable to offer refunds for tickets purchased to Events under any circumstances. If seeking a refund, attendees will be referred to the refund policy of the relevant Event Oganiser.
WARRANTIES LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- In no event shall Six Generations Limited be liable to any attendees, or any other person or entity for any personal injury or damages to property, damages for loss of business profits or any other pecuniary loss, including any direct, consequential, incidental, special, punitive or similar damages, arising out of a person or entity’s involvement in an Auckland Climate Festival event.
- Save for any warranties provided by Six Generations Limited in writing, no warranties are given in respect of the Websites or any Event and, to the extent permitted by law, all warranties, whether express or implied, and by statute or otherwise, are expressly excluded and we shall have no liability.
- To the extent permitted by law we will not be liable for any loss or damage (including consequential loss or damage, loss of profits, loss of revenue or loss of savings) which may be suffered or incurred, or which may arise directly or indirectly in respect of your access to, or use of, or the unavailability of or your inability to use, the Websites or any Event, whether based in contract, tort, negligence, statute or otherwise.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms, Six Generations Limited shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by any person, including direct loss or damage, loss of profit, loss of revenue, loss of use, loss of contract, loss of goodwill of any person, or any indirect or consequential loss or damages arising from or relating to any breach of these Terms or the Event Organisers’ participation in Auckland Climate Festival.