Join us for an interactive dialogue with founders and investors building the next generation of companies from New Zealand to help solve the world’s climate crisis, at scale. Kiwi new entrants have as good shot as any to rival giant incumbents by building the world’s biggest companies cracking the climate change challenge. Jointly hosted by global climate-tech investing pioneer Aera VC and New Zealand’s champions of deep technology founders Outset Ventures.
Introducing our speakers:
- Derek Handley (host) - co-founder of Aera VC, an early-growth fund investing in climate ventures that accelerate the world towards a sustainable future since it launching in late 2016;
- Imche Fourie (moderator) - co-founder and CEO of Outset Ventures, the largest and fastest growing hub for climate and deep tech startups in New Zealand, which has invested in three New Zealand climate tech startups this month;
- Max Olson (speaker) - co-founder of Seachange, a startup that is paving the way for zero emission ocean transit through its groundbreaking electric hydrofoiling ferries;
- Cathy Clennett (speaker) - co-founder of Hiringa Energy, the first company to supply New Zealand with zero-emission hydrogen, and is now creating one of the world’s first hydrogen refuelling networks to assist the New Zealand’s government’s commitment to zero-emission transport;
- Anthony Bitossi (speaker) - general manager at Stevenson Concrete, which has recently partnered with a game-changing Canadian climate tech startup that’s cracked a carbon friendlier way of producing concrete, which Stevenson will offer to New Zealand consumers.
About the organisers:
Aera VC invests at the frontier of deep technology and sustainability to accelerate the world to a better future since launching in late 2016. The Singapore-headquartered company’s two founding partners are based in New Zealand pioneering investments into transformational technologies to reverse climate change and make frontier breakthroughs for humanity.
Outset Ventures is the largest and fastest growing hub for deep tech startups in New Zealand. The company offers commercial laboratory and workshop facilities, incubation programmes, and investment for early stage ventures founded on science and engineering breakthroughs. Currently home to 21 deep tech ventures, entrepreneurs backed by Outset Ventures can access its facilities and its expanding entrepreneurial community while preparing their companies for global markets.